• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New enclosure question

TURTLE75

5 Year Member
I'm putting the finishing touches of the new Tegu enclosure. 8X4X4 dimensions. The enclosure is in my reptile building which has higher ambient temps. The relative humidity in the room is about 60% on average with the nighttime lows around 75 degrees. Instead of using two glass front doors I was thinking about using a coated wire mesh. I wouldn't think there will be any issues if I do this. What do you think. My Cyclura is house in the same building using all coated mesh in his enclosure and he is fine. Thoughts?

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
if the humidity in the building is 60% the chicken wire should be ok,It will probably be better because if you put a cage with less ventilation in a room with 60% humidity then the humidity will be even higher and it think most people keep tegus at 60 to 70%.you need to worry about nose rubbing with the chicken wire though.mine stays in an outdoor enclosure with the bottom lined with chicken wire. I havent had a problem with nose injuries ect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu