• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new enclosure

j.sawyer48

sense i just had my first kid i moved in wit my girl and her parents and sense my home made enclosure is no were near ready i got a sweet deal on this one $150.. let me no wat u think :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3UO5BR5r_c

babyyitslove

Nah... hate this tread! LOL...j/k... I love all of the interior decorations! That is where I severely lack in my tegu enclosures... and I'm a woman =0(

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just 2 things,.. what are the three lights you have and what are they for? Plush I would remove the towels and place something on top that will not burn or catch on fire. The lights and the domes get ridiculously hot and if one gets bumped or a piece of the towel ends up under one of the domes,.. it won't take long to start a fire.

babyyitslove

kellen.watkins said:
I like, my enclosures are pretty plain, once a permanent enclosure is built I plan on decorating
That's the thing

Mine ARE permanent and I still can't think of what to do.
This might go hand in hand with they I stopped renovating my house after 3 rooms were done. Ugh

kellen.watkins

I'm in the same boat, plastic plants seem like a waste and whenever I look for things most things either are expensive and my gus will outgrow

babyyitslove

I've grown fond of leafy Garland... but I think we're gonna go with live potted plants that have vines to encourage hiding. We're leaving them potted for easy removal and replacement.

j.sawyer48

one light is just a normal basking buld and night bulb because I don't have a heating pad and wit central air in the house it hets cold and the other a powersun for uv

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Looks good but I would also advise you to ditch the towels, too close for comfort in my opinion.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Nice cage, decorating is not my specialty, i just put the things in that help get the job done.

Also just rap the top in some foil, about a third of it. http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?90187-Tank-Screen-Top-Foil-Treatment-Tutorial

That's what i do and my humidity is great, not only is it easier than the towels,it looks better and works better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu