• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New GTPs (pics added)

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So I got what I think is a smoking deal today. I came across a guy selling some snakes and he had two green tree pythons. I talked to him and he was asking $300 each which included their vision cages, heat, lights, thermometers, thermostat, and perches. I went and looked at them and they were in great shape, both around 3 yrs old, female and Biak locality. I told him I wanted to think about it and on the drive home decided I wanted them, but would make an offer less than the asking price. I offered him $500 and he took it. So I have 2 new GTPs with full setups AMD he even gave me some long welding gloves and Greg Maxwell's book, "The More Complete Chondro".

I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
RE: New GTPs

Congrats, that is a GREAT deal! Lucky. Really looking forward to the pics,plenty please lol. Any plans?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

I may pick up a male and see if I can get any eggs, from talking to a few people they are very hard to breed here because it is so dry. I may even try for some GTP x Carpet Python hybrids.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member

Wow major plans i see! Those are some gorgeous snakes,i'm personally not too much for hybrids,but that's something i would seriously get into. How much would you be pricing yours at if you do decide to go through with it?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

If I am successful with hybrids, I would say around $1000 a piece. I see others are around $1500+, so $1000 seems fair.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Here's some pics
Biak1.jpg

Biak2.jpg

GTPCages.jpg

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Congrats James, that sure is one heck of a deal! I'm sure any hybrids you may be able to produce would look damn good.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TeguBuzz said:
Congrats James, that sure is one heck of a deal! I'm sure any hybrids you may be able to produce would look damn good.

Thanks. Let's see some pics of your collection. It looks impressive.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
james.w said:
TeguBuzz said:

Thanks. Let's see some pics of your collection. It looks impressive.

Will do, my monitors and gator are on my ranch. So pics of those 3 will come up this weekend when I go hog hunting. I'll post pics of the tegus tomorrow, waiting on a new blood red male from Johnny LaRocca. Might also throw in a few pics of my surgery after being slashed by my croc. Gruesome, but if gore is accepted on this forums, I'm willing to put them up as a warning to those interested in getting in getting a croc. Sure is one hell of a package.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't see anything wrong with posting the pics of the Croc damage. I am mainly interested in seeing your monitors and gator, so I guess I will wait till the weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont