• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New guy

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Have to say you made a great choice on a forum to start your research on tegu's :).

You have any other herps(reptiles)?

Look for a thread called best "Best of TeguTalk", it has links to a lot of other good very (very) helpful threads on here.

Found it! It was on the front page lol
http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=8526#axzz1UUulc5jF

Neeko

Welcome, everyone here is very knowledgeable and will help you along the way to finding and caring for your tegu.

Katie

Hello everyone. I just got my red tegu 3 days ago. I got him from someone who is experienced enough with reptiles to know that since he acquired him his new work schedule would not allow him to spend enough time with him so that he would grow up tamed. He says he is about 7 months old. I would say he is about a foot and a half. He is sitting on my chest as I am writing this. But holy cow, he can take off quick. I feel bad because I have to grab him to catch him from getting down, but he gets calmer each day. He has refused a mouse and fruit but today he ate a little raw ground turkey. How much time should he need to adjust to his new home before I worry about him not eating very much? Gotta run, thanks for any advice you can offer.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Katie said:
Hello everyone. I just got my red tegu 3 days ago. I got him from someone who is experienced enough with reptiles to know that since he acquired him his new work schedule would not allow him to spend enough time with him so that he would grow up tamed. He says he is about 7 months old. I would say he is about a foot and a half. He is sitting on my chest as I am writing this. But holy cow, he can take off quick. I feel bad because I have to grab him to catch him from getting down, but he gets calmer each day. He has refused a mouse and fruit but today he ate a little raw ground turkey. How much time should he need to adjust to his new home before I worry about him not eating very much? Gotta run, thanks for any advice you can offer.

I am writing from my phone so it would be a pain to go into depth, I just wanted to say it will prob go much more smoother if you started your own thread in the welcome section or tegu discussion forum. Welcome though!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214