• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new owner

DMbros

[attachment=6012][attachment=6013]Hey guys just picked up our new baby tegu two days ago. I was just wondering about what kind of schedule everyone has regarding feeding and diet. thanks.

And on a more personal note, im a photographer so if there is anyone that would like photos taken of their tegu or other reps. and you live in northern cal. let me know.

Attachments

• 079.jpg
    079.jpg
    553.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    701 KB · Views: 9

Skeetzy

That's a big beautiful baby hahah. Very nice tegu.

Can't really input on my feeding schedule, since my baby has been hibernating since day one. But just remember, variety is key!

DMbros

Gotcha. And thats not mine. those are just a couple photos that ive taken. I will be posting photos of my little guy or girl. thanks.

Deac77

5 Year Member
I feed daily and probably will till about a year old then go to every other day feeding.

Kirby's diet consist of:

F/T Mice
F/T Quail
Chicken Gizzards
Chicken Hearts
Chicken Necks
Ground Turkey
Whole Ground Rabbit
Whole ground Venison
Whole Ground Duck
Talapia
Quail eggs
Deer heart/liver
Grapes
Blue berries

Hope that helps

Sirhc401

yes give them raw. and yes more meat than fruits but its good to give them a variety of fruit with every meal. Deac77 gave you a great list of different food you can supply. you can also experiment to see what food your tegu likes the best.

after much experimenting i came up with this diet for my tegu.
-ground turkey
-chicken liver
-black, blueberries, sometimes grapes
-pinch of calcium, and vitamins
-about a teaspoon of cod liver oil
-occasional treats like mice

tegus4life

I feed mice pretty much daily, with calcium/vitamin powder and some fruits and ground turkey as well. Once she gets to be a year or so, I'll also change feeding to every other day. Variety is very important, Deac77's list was good and there are lots of caresheets and threads on tegu diet on this forum that are helpful as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu