• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new rescue, plated lizard puked up whole meal HELP

bella60407

5 Year Member
I rescued plated lizard this week, friday he ate ground turkey and strawberries he has had a few cricets as well then he didnt want to eat sat. so i offered him some today sun. still nothing then he puked all over his cage. at least i think it was puke, it just looked like juicy tukey, it smelled so nasty, uh is he sick or do they do this if they over eat, can they over eat, ive been doing research but never came across this stuff.
the people we got him from said they never game him the calcium i gave him some on his turkey, they also only fed him crickets and bread and his water bowl was growing green stuff in it :( no friut veggies... could this just have been to much at once, they had him for four years, if someone could help at all ty im really concerned now

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
Not sure if this applies to lizards also, but I know that if the basking temperatures for snakes isn't high enough they won't be able to fully digest the meal and will regurgitate it. Are the temps high enough?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is also true in lizards, I would also be at parasites, if it is pooh then the smell would be a sign. Most Gerrhosaurs that I know of are wild caught animals and are not bred in captivity.

dicy

5 Year Member
also bad food can cause regurgetation whut u could try is yelowflowers(dont now the english ore latin name) also andive and stuff like that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu