• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New to tegu's and new to this forum.

Shaun Kirchner

Hello guys! I just picked up my first tegu last weekend. Something im definately learning from every day as its completely different from and other reptile ive ever kept. I currently have a couple frilled dragons, bearded dragons, a burmese python and red tail boa. This is his current enclosure picture below. Its a 90 gallon. so i believe dimensions are 48" long 24 wide. His uvb is a 48 zoomed t5 10.0 ho. and he has a 150 watt basking bulb. keeps the basking spot around 95-100, warm side of the cage is high 80's- low 90's and the cool side of his cage stays around 80-83. Night time i got a ceramic that keeps him around 75-79. Ive been feeding him Dubai roaches and eggs mostly, gonna throw him some pinky rats this weekend. He was sold to me as an 8 month old argentina b&w. any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Hes not keen on being handled at the moment, but im easing him into that. As i said im new to tegus so this is definately a learning experience. Hopefully that 90 will be able to house him til around a year- a year and a half as i just had to rehouse my frilleds. I edited in a better picture of him. He looks argentina to me, wondering if someone could confirm that

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Should be alright. Yup an Argentine. Congrats. Also, temps sound good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu