• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

NEW TO THIS! HELP

Bagnara16

So i just made this account because ive taken an obession over tegus...ive owned many snakes (ball pythons, carpets, burmese and different breeds of boas). im still only 20 and had to get rid of my animals due to school and baseball. i want to get back in the reptile game with a tegu. anyone have any input on what kind i should get. i know the basics about them but i would appreciate if you guys could give tips on keeping temperature up and down as well as humidity and which breeder to buy from. i was looking at varnyard herps but just read a lot of bad things about the breeder. thanks guys.

TeguBlake

Stay away from him. end of story, he used to be a very good breeder but he has driven himself into a hole. i used to take his side, but he took advantage of me to. but there are many good breeders out there. just make sure to read many care sheets and make sure you have the time and money to take care of one of these beast. and you will have a great friend for a very long time.

Bagnara16

TeguBlake said:
Stay away from him. end of story, he used to be a very good breeder but he has driven himself into a hole. i used to take his side, but he took advantage of me to. but there are many good breeders out there. just make sure to read many care sheets and make sure you have the time and money to take care of one of these beast. and you will have a great friend for a very long time.

thank you. can u suggest a good breeder or a few...?

TeguBlake

Well i personally like johnny from teguterra. hes a great guy. give him a call for any of your tegu questions if you need to talk to an expert. he will have no problem answering anyone's problems. um and there is larafl, and lots of other good ones. im sure people will add on to here!:)

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Im new to tegus but I learned everything off this forum if u want a big tegu I say go wit a extreme a red, or a normal, a blue wont get as big, or if u want a Columbian u can try that all tegus r different u know your self what u want all the breeders r good u can even pm lizardking he is who I got my tegu from and he is tame wish u the best

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Cassie

If you had to get rid of your animals due to school are you now able to care for a new one?
Are you in college? Graduating soon? Living on your own?
You really want to make sure you can support a new animal before you get one, you don't wanna end up needing to give it up again :(

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: NEW TO THIS! HELP

Cassie said:
If you had to get rid of your animals due to school are you now able to care for a new one?
You really want to make sure you can support a new animal before you get one, you don't wanna end up needing to give it up again :(

2nd that tegus take a lot of time effort and money

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Bagnara16

Cassie said:

i knew this was coming lol. im graduating after this year and i have my own appartment. im going to fire fighting school so ill be able to be at home. since i wont be pursuing baseball anymore ill have a lot more time for one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu