• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Nice weather In chicago time for the Build need help

booyea797

Hey everyone It finally got nice here in chicago so I would like to start building my 2011 extreme cage hes getting big and FAST!!! and hes a crazy guy and needs more room But!! im not sure how I want to build my cage with glass or wire as the closing because I have a cat and 2 dogs that like to come say hi sometimes and also I just materials I will need so help this would only b an Indoor cage

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Definately go glass, plexi glass, you don't want to much humidity to escaper, I do reccomend a vvent to allow ventilation. I know what you mean about the weather, my gu's have been scratching at the front door, they. Definately want to get outside

booyea797

Thanks now I just have to figure out a desgin and how to do this I know i can do a 6 long fer sure 8 ft maybe ... do you have pics of your cage you can send me ?

and sense your base here in Chicago to what kind of mix are you making for your substrate

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Have you browsed through this forum at all, there are quite a few enclosures in here. Definitely go with glass for the doors, wire/mesh will allow all your heat and humidity to escape. All you need is plywood, 2*4s or 2*2s, screws, drylok and whatever you decide to.make the door out of. I built mine with a drill, jigsaw, and a hand saw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu