• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Noise with Tegus?

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
Well I got my tegu last tuesday and I have been trying to keep my room fairly quite so he would adjust. I constantly have to deal with my brother who can't stop yelling and today I had to babysit two little kids who kept screaming!!! :evil: :rant Now my basement has flodded(where my room is also where the tegu tank is and in a futile effort to clean the water my mom has run this very loud vaccum for the last few hours and im afraid im stressing him out . Any comments on this?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Unless you have a Colombian or a gold tegu I wouldn't really worry about it. The others are pretty resilient. You can either leave your Gu in its enclosure until things calm and quiet down. Or you can also use that time for bonding and getting your Gu use to being around you, different sounds and noises (different levels) at the same time. Which will help later on when you start to take him outside and or in public to Vet appts and what not. You can also use that time to observe his body language and signals. Tegus don't always give signals before they bolt or do anything else. But its nice to know their boundaries and what they mean when they do.

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
thanks the noise has stopped. He was crouched in a corner of the tank and now he is back to basking for a few more minutes atleast. He seems unaffected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu