• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Off the ark exotic reptiles stay away

Vermundor

I'm sorry to hear that she didn't make it. At-least you gave her the best care she could possibly receive.

I looked around their website and was horrified. Who the hell classifies Nile monitors with Savannah's!?! I'm guessing its the luck of the draw than when you buy one.

I also read questions he answered and he said that leopard geckos could eat pinkies. Aren't they bigger than their heads? He also said that beardies needed a 20L for a tank. Now that gets me pissed off, the freaking tank is probably 1/3 bigger than the actual length of the lizard!

herpgirl2510

I have never really been to the web site. I know there is alot of fauna but sometimes things get blown up on that website. Alot of times I think pet stores are not honest with how big enlosures need to be to sell the animal. I would not even putmy 1 month old beardie in a 20l. I do my own research now because you cannot go by what a pet store tells you to do. I have been to suppose reptile stores aznd the keep their savannah and beardie babies on sand and supposedly they know what they are doing.

Vermundor

I found this review, and its quite interesting what the customer said:
http://local.yahoo.com/info-36285567-off-the-ark-exotic-pets-llc-chester

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
herpgirl2510 said:
I do my own research now because you cannot go by what a pet store tells you to do.

That is key, there was a place near by that was trying to sell me a nile monitor that was housed in a 40 gallon tank, they told me it would be fine in there for at least 6 months... It was already too large for the 40 gallon.

It's sad but most of them are in it just for the money, its rare you go to a pet store and have the employees more interested in the animals well being than how much crap they can sell you.

Neeko

The only reason why pet retail sucks is bc. 1) the store wont be there if they dont make sales 2) lots of peple dont want to spend the money these days or the days before =P 3) the dont "see" the pet getting as big as it will 4) the associate is actually that stupid and shouldnt work there 5) Sales run a business, animals dont come first, the customer does... yes some people lie to make a sale and it is apparent when you play dumb to see how knowledgeable the person selling you something is, which i enjoy doing.

i live near that store i think its pretty good there i get all my reptiles from vinny i have heard good and bad about them there online shipping may not be good but in store is great

also i have a savannah from vinny or off the ark and he is great

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Ordered from them, out of the three reptiles i ordered, two we're false advertised. One came frozen solid,another half dead, and the other cold but healthy however it was a totally different species than what i was said to be receiving. I called vinny,he handled it and sent replacements,but still it wasn't a good experience. If you do buy from these guys, don't do it over the web,go to the store in person.

got10

I bought from them once . The transaction went pretty smooth though .I just thought the fella Vin was a bit short once he got his money . I guess i was quite lucky considering the stuff i am hearing about them now . Then Again I bought in September two years ago

Khoilie

I'm sorry about your lizard.
what was wrong when you first received her? was that her tail broken in the pics on the 1st post of this thread? i can see at the base of the tail the 2 bones popping out.
and i just have to say this thread has made me sick to my stomach and these people selling animals should be facing criminal charges. theres no excuse in the world for that

got10

Khoilie said:
I'm sorry about your lizard.
what was wrong when you first received her? was that her tail broken in the pics on the 1st post of this thread? i can see at the base of the tail the 2 bones popping out.
and i just have to say this thread has made me sick to my stomach and these people selling animals should be facing criminal charges. theres no excuse in the world for that

ANd what makes it worse is that the animal bans will allow people to sell animals like this with little or no recourse at all to what they do . It will be like a junkie calling the cops because his dope was sub par.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam