• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Our First Tegu

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Vitamin D3 is created through the use of UVB lights or natural sunlight. D3 can be overdosed on, so if they have a UVB light and are receiving D3 supplements, there is a possibility of an overdose. If you want to use the one you have, I would get one without D3 and use them each about 3 times a week.

CMock

james.w said:
Vitamin D3 is created through the use of UVB lights or natural sunlight. D3 can be overdosed on, so if they have a UVB light and are receiving D3 supplements, there is a possibility of an overdose. If you want to use the one you have, I would get one without D3 and use them each about 3 times a week.

Thank You So Much For The Info , You Have Deffinately Been The Biggest Help Here. If I Understand Correctly With D3 - 3 times a week and Without 3 times a Week or is it Better to Go Completely Without Because I Do Have a UVB Light ??

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If you have another use for the calcium without, use it there if not and you don't want to waste it, you could use it 2-3 times a week and the other every other time.

kellen.watkins

I use calcuim with D3 and have had no issues, my beardie is 9 months old and extremely healthy and that's the only calcuim he has had, I don't drench food in it though I washed a garlic powder shaker and put the calcuim in there lol. Then again I can't find calcuim w/o D3 anywhere in reno and always look everytime I'm in a pet store (3 days a week) I recommend w/o D3 but you can use the with D3 calcuim just don't go crazy with it

CMock

Weve Had Our Tegu Sence Tuesday Am, Yesterday He ate a Small Peice of Ground Turkey and a Piece of Watermelon. When I Get Him Out he is Very Calm, Just Wondering if This is Normal ??
This Morning I Put his Food in the Cage for about an Hour, He Just Walked By it and Went to The Back Corner to Chill . Should I Worry About this or Not ?? Dont Want to Leave Food Out To Long So It Goes Bad ?? Any Ideas ??

CMock

Had Our Argentine B/W For a Week Now and All He is Eaten is 2 Pieces of Ground Turkey ?? He is Very Calm When he is Out But Getting Concerned. What Should I Do ??

CMock

james.w said:
Have you offered any other food items?

Today He Has Eaten 1 Egg, 4 Pieces of Turkey and a Few Rasberries !!
I Think He Has Finally Gotten Use to Things !! lol
Trying to Keep him on the Same Diet at Fisrt as He was on Before,
Raw Turkey, Fruit, Some Greens and a Pinky Rat Once a Week with Insects as Much as Possible Such as Roaches and Such ~ He is Doing Much Better So Friendly and Chill.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
oh ok, i got the impression you were feeding like turkey sandwich meat or something. Sounds like he is getting settled in nicely.

CMock

james.w said:
oh ok, i got the impression you were feeding like turkey sandwich meat or something. Sounds like he is getting settled in nicely.

He is Actually So Awesome , Last Night My Kids Were Here and I Got Him Out . He Laid in the Bed For About an Hour and Slept Beside My Son ! lol Zero is Deffinately Incredible =)
Once Again Thanks For All Your Help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980