• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Outside and Swimming?

Bllaine

Also another question I have is can I let him stay outside when he gets older(Im talking like mating stage and later)? I will still be watching over him but not as much. I live in texas where the weather is good for him during the summers(which is the only time i will let him out. There is a problem that I'm not sure of. We have a big pool that he will most definitly stumble into if I'm not watching and if he gets too hot we have a big like roof type thing outside.But how will they react to water? Can i train him to maybe swim? I could just let him out onto the balcony I mean they don't look like they do too much when the get big. What are you guys thoughts?

TheBeef

Tegus can swim very well. I'd be more worried about him drinking the pool water than drowning. They can hold their breath for a pretty long time too.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Tegus are natural born swimmers, they swim like crocodiles. And tegus love to be outside, the natrual sunlight is the best for them, just make sure you have a fence and keep an eye on him, because tegus are also excellent diggers, and he will dig right under that fence.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu