• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

paraguay reds

Dereks-Dragons

Hey, I got my male Paraguay red at an EXPO in white plains NY last Sunday. He's 27.5 inches. Anybody know how big these get? I hope they get massive lol and I just out in an order at varnyard for a female extreme.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Reds average about 4-4.5' they do tend to be a bit heavier than the b/w's but still smaller than the extremes

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
as far as i know they are the same species but some people try to get more money for them

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It was a marketing ploy sometime ago, people were charging more for them, I doubt people are still trying to do that, $175 is pretty good for a red

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They are the same species and there are generally no differences. The only way to even be sure if it is truely from Paraguay is to know the person who caught it or who caught the parents if it is CB. Everything that applies to Argentines will apply to yours.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've read there can be a little bit of a color variation. The argentines are more red while the paraguay reds are more of a brown color.. I've never owned a red so I'm not sure how reliable that info is. At $175 you did get a pretty good deal. I think a lot of reds go for $250ish. You've got a cute tegu regardless!

http://forum.kingsnake.com/tegu/messages/13193.html

tora

All of them are the same species. There may be some color variation, but generally when they get older the red spreads and they usually all look the same. Look at baby red tegu pics compared to the adult ones, the babies always start out with a lot of black and white with varying amounts of red.

got10

I just hope you didnt buy from the vendors along the same wall as the snack area . Every years those guys unload sick animals at dirt cheap prices after negotiation

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrdy