• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

pic of my burmese python

angelrose

5 Year Member
he has really calmed down. I lov'em.
guinbearburmy009.jpg

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'd love to have one but they just get too big. But then I would have a way to make the cats and dogs disappear!!! :mrgreen:

angelrose

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
I'd love to have one but they just get too big. But then I would have a way to make the cats and dogs disappear!!! :mrgreen:

your right they do get big ! cats and dogs thanks for the idea :idea: ...lol
I think this should settle my snake crave now. but you know it's hard I love all the different patterns.

tegus and snakes just amaze me.

angelrose

5 Year Member
DZLife said:
Could I convince you to take pics of you holding him?

aww, only you DZ could convince me of having pics of me holding him *hugs*.
just not ...yet. I am making progress. I'm at the point now where he lets me pet him for a couple then starts to hissssssss just a wee bit.

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
What i've noticed is that with some snakes, once you actually have them out they become a lot tamer than they are when you're messing with them while they're actually in their enclosure... Definitely that way with my retic, anyway. When she's in her enclosure, and you reach in, she gets nervous.. and if you keep messing with her, she'll get in a defensive position, and sometimes try to strike. But if you just get her out real quick, she'll crawl around and be the friendliest little baby ever.

A hook helps too, if you want to get him out quickly without just using your hands.. Not to mention, since it's a Burm he'll get kinda big... and hook-training would probably be a good idea anyway. That might be easier than taking a 12 foot snake in and out of the cage at feed time... XD

Magik

5 Year Member
Great snake mate I love my Burms dont have any at the moment but will get a pair once I get my space sorted!!Once again great snake!!

angelrose

5 Year Member
CaseyUndead said:
What i've noticed is that with some snakes, once you actually have them out they become a lot tamer than they are when you're messing with them while they're actually in their enclosure... Definitely that way with my retic, anyway. When she's in her enclosure, and you reach in, she gets nervous.. and if you keep messing with her, she'll get in a defensive position, and sometimes try to strike. But if you just get her out real quick, she'll crawl around and be the friendliest little baby ever.

A hook helps too, if you want to get him out quickly without just using your hands.. Not to mention, since it's a Burm he'll get kinda big... and hook-training would probably be a good idea anyway. That might be easier than taking a 12 foot snake in and out of the cage at feed time... XD

Casey, it worked ! I have been working with him you know a little each day and now when he's out ....he calms :fc

angelrose

5 Year Member
cooli said:
Great snake mate I love my Burms dont have any at the moment but will get a pair once I get my space sorted!!Once again great snake!!

hey hi cooli, nice to meet you. thank you very much and when you do share some pics ...ok

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus