• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

pics, not sure if they are blues

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
this is andrew

Attachments

• 104_1459.JPG
    104_1459.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 11

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
more pics of saleen and andrew
this is Saleen, she has a naturally orange stomach and possibly gravid in the second picture for Andrew

Saleen's head

Attachments

• 104_1454.JPG
    104_1454.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 104_1461.JPG
    104_1461.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 104_1463.JPG
    104_1463.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 104_1465.JPG
    104_1465.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 7
  • salene.JPG
    salene.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 7

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
yeah I think so, I did find them locked up one night but when I checked vents, Andrew wasnt even close, but Saleen is ready to lay something, so high hopes right? I got both of them for 150 each, Saleen from a reptile store and Andrew from craigslist. I rode Andrew home in my backback on a motorcycle.

Riplee

5 Year Member
he is more like a Arg Black and White with Blue mix to me. But he is beautiful.

Good Luck

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would say they're Blues,.. what's throwing it off is the lack of color. Which more than likely is because of their small gene pool and how inbred they are. Which makes me wonder about the future of Blue tegus in captivity with out quite a bit of new blood coming from some where. Especially with more people breeding them without knowing where their stock came from.

I'm starting to see Red & Blue hybrids with more blue color than normal blues. If you take away certain blue markers and the color,.. then you pretty much have a black and white.

Since other tegus are still being imported their gene pool is wide open and they show way more vibrant colors. Unfortunately I can't say the same for Blues.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I mean they look like blue,but as someone brought up with all the inbreeding and things you never know in some cases what the tegu could of been breed to.And the lack of color is alittle odd like they look like they could be a regular blk/wht argentine.But they are very nice tegus.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I personally think they're just Blues,.. from a color stand point I would just say low grade blues. I was just mentioning they may be that way (lack of color) because of how inbred Blues are. With out new blood from some where and people continuing to breed them, it can only get worse. They already have issues with kinks and what not which you don't see in other tegus. If or when you do,.. its no as often as with Blues.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yeah again i thing there blues,not sure about the low grade blues thing,but not every blue tegu going to be the same,i guess it depends on the blood line to just my opinion.The lump in the back i not sure what to say on that one,it could be alot of things but is odd.I think there good blue blood lines out there and bad,i mean wil's look to be awsome blues.Again i had alot of tegus and i've been luck to get almost all mine from good breeders never had kinks,impaction nothing etc.I've seen kinks in people who don't use uvb lights but only a few.

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
mine dont get uvb lights, they get straight sunshine. maybe they are low grades, but similar markings. I wasn't intentionally breeding them, they just did their thing. Saleen did have and impaction once with bounty tissue and I gave her some frozen mix veg and she put it out the next day

This is a marble and saleen size comparison from i first got him to now. Marble is a extreme giant

Attachments

• marbleen.jpg
    marbleen.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 7
  • saleen and marble2.jpg
    saleen and marble2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 9
  • marble begining in may.jpg
    marble begining in may.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 6

Members online

No members online now.