• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Pics of Cricket

Bwindi

Here are some pictures of Cricket, and his friend Frank!
Just thought I would share.

Cricket got out of bed this morning to eat some tuna then went straight back under his mulch :3

(I was told that Cricket was a boy, can anyone tell for sure with these pictures?)--- I am suspicious that he might be a Female instead.

[attachment=3590]

[attachment=3591]

[attachment=3592]

[attachment=3593]

[attachment=3594]

Attachments

• Photo on 11-23-11 at 8.30 AM.jpg
    Photo on 11-23-11 at 8.30 AM.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo on 11-23-11 at 8.31 AM.jpg
    Photo on 11-23-11 at 8.31 AM.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo on 11-23-11 at 8.34 AM.jpg
    Photo on 11-23-11 at 8.34 AM.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo on 11-23-11 at 8.53 AM #2.jpg
    Photo on 11-23-11 at 8.53 AM #2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo on 11-23-11 at 8.54 AM.jpg
    Photo on 11-23-11 at 8.54 AM.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 4

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
great shots! I'm not sure who should be more afraid, the cat or the 'gu!! :)
have you posted any shots of your uro?

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice gu, nice henna, and nice dreads. I wish my fiancee would let me get dreads. I guess you can say she's got me in check.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Can't tell the sex form the pics. Does Cricket have those two little raised bumps on either side of the cloaca? If so, he's a he. Also, when male tegus defecate they often protrude their hemipensies to drop a sperm plug. Beautiful tegu, regardless of gender. That's so awesome your lizard and cat are pals.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
As Grayson said, you should be able to feel his bb's at that size. Sobek is slightly larger but his are very prominent.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How old and how long is it? You usually don't see hemipenes then sperm plugs until they are more mature. In most cases the cloacal buttons come in before you see either of the other two. Males usually start to show one way or another in their first year around the 3ft mark.

Judging from the first pic,.. I think it's a boy but only time will tell. Everything matures at different rates so nothings written in stone. But it looks :) like it's going to be a nice high white tegu.

Bwindi

Thanks everyone! I haven't measured him lately but he is around 27-28" from snout to tail, if I had to guess. He is a little over a year old and growing everyday it seems.

I was excited about how white he was too! Also, he has a little bindi birthmark on his forehead :) super cute

Frank (cat) and him get along quite well actually. Cricket doesn't seem to care at all about Frank, but Frank is just enthrawled by him. He sits a foot away from him and stares at him until Cricket flicks his tongue then he jumps like five feet in the air because he is so scared haha

Does anyone have any other experiences with cats and tegus?

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There's a stray cat that use to get along with my female reds, she use to come by almost everyday and wait till I'd take them out. Haven't seen her in a good couple months though. And I probably won't, seeing that all except Sobek have been sold to a local breeder friend of mine who's just starting up.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I don't have cats, my but mini dachshunds (which between the two of them weigh as much as one big cat) have met my tegu. My wire-hair seems to love him, but my long-hair is afraid. I put up a pic on another thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus