• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Pictures of tail regen!!

kymzilla

A28F1050-033D-4B4D-A0CC-7C3D282EE6A6-2437-000001E8035AD4C4_zpsa297b9f7.jpg

There it is!

From the tip of where my fingers pointing is all regen. Still growing too.

=]

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Yea I can see which is great so far I haven't had that wit.Godzilla

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

dinorawr

That's neat, I didn't know they could regenerate the end of their tail! How did your tegu lose the end of its tail? My little guy has a nipped tail and I thought he'd always have it, wonder how common tail regeneration is for tegus.

Steven.

Looks great. Excellent job with keeping it clean, if i didnt know it was a regen, i wouldve never guessed...

kymzilla

He dropped it twice, either from stressor from strictly tail whipping constantly. I put polysporin on it once, but never did anything else to it after and it's grown so well. If you look in my other thread about xibulba you can see what it was. I never thought he would actually form scales on it again. Super neat

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I have a cuban knights anole who has had stubby tail since I rescued him.it has dead skin on the end which apparently never shed.not sure how i'd get his to look like that...he also has a spider bite which ate the flesh.I kept it clean and spackled with antibiotic ointment til healed and he lived through it.but now that patch is bright yellow instead of green.what a trooper and he keeps on ticking!!! Haha

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu