• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

please read and help

reptilecrazy666

so my columbian just filled his tummy with water now after he was running about doing his thing clear liquid is coming out of his mouth. is this normal because its only happend one other time when he drank and its not ri he had his check up and such. please reply soon

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is normal. They do not have strong musculature in the throat area to keep liquids down like we do. So sometimes if they drink a lot of water, it comes back up.

yulyani

yes this is normal I think....as long as if it only happens after drinking... Many times I noticed in my 8 years old gogon he suddenly has water coming from the mouth and sometimes nostrils. I try be very careful and not hold him up, or moving him at least 30 minutes after drinking

TheTeguGurl

Very normal and tottaly ok.. No worries.. Like what Laura said above They do not have strong musculature in the throat area to keep liquids down

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu