• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

please read and help

detra26

5 Year Member
quick question
i understand that if you want to breed your tegu,which i do, that you have to hibernate them
mine is still a baby and i need to know what age they start to hibernate
and what i need to do to get them to hibernate
thanks all

Kiler

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There is a folder for "Hibernation" and the first thread in it is a pinned thread by Bobby / Varnyard discussing hibernation...
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewforum.php?f=21</a><!-- l -->

Following threads are Q & As from various Tegu Owners...

I have an '08 female from Bobby / Varnyard and I did nothing special for her to hibernate. I kept her tank warm, her lights on schedule and food available... she went down around October and woke up around March.

If yours do not seem like they are going down on their own it makes sense to reduce lighting and slightly lower temps...

Although I encourage you to read as much as possible on the topic and make as many preparations as possible... I would like to mention that I was quite nervous about hibernating my Tegu, but the process took place with almost no effort on my part and absolutely no problems what so ever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214