• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Possible Water Inhalation-What can I do?

5HiddenLizards

I believe my tegu inhaled water accidentally. I saw he was drinking water as I walked out of the kitchen, he already had his head up & looked at me, then preceeded to drink more water. I was carrying a duffle bag with me & bumped into the table, which made a fairly audible noise....which happened to scare him (Table is about 2 feet away from his tank)....I noticed he jumped back & started to "cough" (make "coughing" noise)....and was shaking his head a lot.....after about 5 minutes he calmed down & fell asleep under his heat lamp.

Its been about 3 hours he's been asleep. I noticed he is taking very deep inhalations, way bigger than usual. I left his heat lamp on...thinking it might be helpful.

Is there anything else I can do for him?

via Tapatalk 2

Just FYI...normal behavior is that he is in his burrow by 8pm & doesn't come out until 9 or 10 the next morning.

He is still currently asleep under his lamp.

via Tapatalk 2

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Just listen for wheezing and poppinf when he breathes if not he should be ok just keep a eye oit

from Samsung Galaxy S3

5HiddenLizards said:
I believe my tegu inhaled water accidentally. I saw he was drinking water as I walked out of the kitchen, he already had his head up & looked at me, then preceeded to drink more water. I was carrying a duffle bag with me & bumped into the table, which made a fairly audible noise....which happened to scare him (Table is about 2 feet away from his tank)....I noticed he jumped back & started to "cough" (make "coughing" noise)....and was shaking his head a lot.....after about 5 minutes he calmed down & fell asleep under his heat lamp.

Its been about 3 hours he's been asleep. I noticed he is taking very deep inhalations, way bigger than usual. I left his heat lamp on...thinking it might be helpful.

Is there anything else I can do for him?

via Tapatalk 2
[hr

My tegus do that sometimes wouldn't worry.
Just FYI...normal behavior is that he is in his burrow by 8pm & doesn't come out until 9 or 10 the next morning.

He is still currently asleep under his lamp.

via Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214