• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Priscus

rosieuk

I have a young B & W Argentine Tegu that I got recently, he's currently 9" inches from nose to vent and sharp - total length of 23". Called him Priscus from the latin for 'ancient'.

This is my first lizard and I think I am going to need some help. He's eating mealworms/pupae, salmon pieces and fuzzies and likes basking on my bedroom floor in front of the halogen heater. Interestingly he seems to dislike the UVB/UVA strip light and ceramic combination in the viv.. I havent had any luck finding a supplier for whole ground prey.. I am dusting the salmon and pinkies.

When I got him he had shedding problems (tip of tail) and had lost a joint of one toe (they were being kept in a group and I think someone got hungry).

I live in Colchester and was hoping to find someone with expertise who's local - I have read the "care sheets" online and they never seem to say the same thing twice - not to mention I got a Varanid care sheet from the shop who sold him. Theres also the part where he doesn't seem to be at all social whatsoever...

He's still got some brown/green colour on his head if that helps with aging him..

N8bub

Try a mercury vapor bulb for his basking/uvb bulb. As for the whole ground prey, I process my own. I will purchase frozen rodents or quail . Then keep them frozen and dice them into appropriate size pieces for your lizard with the use of a good butcher knife and cutting board. The whole prey diet importance can't be stressed enough there is just
To many nutritional benefits starting with calcium. No idea about your local help issue, I'm across the pond. Keep trolling for tegu owners tho. Isnt there some forums for uk herps? Finally post a picture, everyone likes pictures!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu