• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

quality taming time is hard please help

so im having some trouble with my new columbian, ive had her about 2 months and i work 5 days a week full time. so i turn on the lights at about 8 am and they go off at 8 pm. and she is not up before i leave for work or after i get home so i dont really ever see her for the first month i would dig her out to spend time with her, but they i read that your not suppose to do that it stresses them out. so now ive really only spent time with her on the weekends, and from what ive read thats not enough, and the other day i went in to get her cause she was awake, and she went nuts and ran around the cage like a psycho. so i just let her be. how do i go about spending more time with her without pisses her off?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can try and change the light cycle closer to when you're home and see if that helps. Also it doesn't have to be a 12 on 12 off cycle. Like most things it's a toss up whether or not it works. Other than that just keep doing what you're doing, it'll take longer but she'll still get use to it.

On a side note she's a colombian, good luck not irritating or pissing her off :D.

I was going to recommend something similar. Why not change your light cycle to 10-10 or something along those lines. Slowly change it over a period of a few days.

tjohnson722

I work 4pm to 12am. I also have kids up during the day. My lights are on from 2pm to 2 am. Mine don't even wake up until like 4-6pm. Lol. I spend time with mine from time I get home to 2am. Try timers if you won't be there to turn on.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214