• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

question about multiple tegus

kellen.watkins

Hello, this week I'm going to get a blue x blue/red tegu from underground, I was curious if it would be safe to temporarily house him with my 2011 extreme for a month month in a half, I'm just alil worried cause the extreme will be a few inches longer than the blue/red thanks all

TeguLouie

from what i have read on here, you should always quarantine new GUs for at least 30 days before introducing them to your animal because of parasites, bacteria, and diseases that can be spread by contact. quarantine allows you to observe the new anuimal without contaminating yours so that you can watch it for signs of health issues and if they die your only out 1 animal not two.

kellen.watkins

I take all my new pets for a check up at the vet 1st i there is a vet in reno who always looks forward to me coming in :) I'm more curious about will the extreme piick on the blue/red?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nah you should be fine my extreme and b/w have lived together their whole life, no problems at all(lol I'm more concerned bout my b/w pushing my giant around lol)

mrcleansheet

you should be fine i have my 3 foot long argentine black and white female with my 21 inch argentine red tegu ( unknwn sex ) and they get along AMAZING ! i wuld just moniter for any aggresion 1

herpgirl2510

I house my extreme and my black and white tegu together. Tonka my B&W is quite a bit bigger than my extreme. Of course there is always a chance they won't get along but usually you are ok especially if they are younger when they are introduced.

kellen.watkins

ok sweet its temporary anyways, im not sure if underground will still have a male by thursday morning they told me the blue x blue/reds are going fast :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu