• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Recovered my tegu

SierGomez

He's clearly pretty miserable being back with me haha.
Sounds like his R.I has started up again, so he is off to the vet again.

He was dehydrated, reopened his face wounds and has a few minor problems. But he's calmed down. Stopped eating again, but he still looks pretty plump so we should be fine.
He actually walked out to see the dog when my husband brought him home for the weekend. Just walked right out and up to him not long after he got here. Tried to run from us but he was caught with a little bit of a fight pretty quickly.

I'm pretty worried about that R.I though. Lowest temps while he was outside were in the high 80s to low 90s. It was mostly in the 100s though. had just finished a round of baytril but it doesnt look like it did the job.
20160730_230431.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The outside temps are fine. I don't understand the cause of his RI.

SierGomez

The outside temps are fine. I don't understand the cause of his RI.

His previous owners didn't have him in a good setup. Once I got him he went straight to the vet. He had a pretty minor r.i. which I was giving him injections for.
His breathing has definitely gotten worse since he's been out.
I guess it could be just more issues from poor care.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
His previous owners didn't have him in a good setup. Once I got him he went straight to the vet. He had a pretty minor r.i. which I was giving him injections for.
His breathing has definitely gotten worse since he's been out.
I guess it could be just more issues from poor care.
OK. I see. Sounds like stress from escape agravated a present condition in an already weakened/compromised immune system. Glad he's safe again.

SierGomez

OK. I see. Sounds like stress from escape agravated a present condition in an already weakened/compromised immune system. Glad he's safe again.

Me too.
I'm not so sure I want to put him back on the baytril though, he just finished it and I don't like doing back to back like that. (I kind of hate giving injections too). His symptoms arnt too bad, occasional odd noises coming from him but overall not too worrisome. I'll see if there is something else we can try, havnt dealt with too many sick lizards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu