• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

red tegu ideas

i am finally getting my birthday present and thats a deposit on a red tegu but are red tegus care different from a Argentine b/w tegu?
also i need help thinking of names i really like the name maroon

larissalurid

Rosso mean red in italian. Nice strong sounding name for a tegu too. congrats! also same care, but i've heard reds like fruit more than others.

larissalurid said:
Rosso mean red in italian. Nice strong sounding name for a tegu too. congrats! also same care, but i've heard reds like fruit more than others.

i love that name im probably gonna name it rosso then

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Only thing with reds that is different is shedding issues. Reds tend to need more fruit in their diet to help with shedding. Other than that they are about the same as black and whites.

chelvis said:
Only thing with reds that is different is shedding issues. Reds tend to need more fruit in their diet to help with shedding. Other than that they are about the same as black and whites.
i knew they needed more fruit thats why im getting one lol i mainly keep my reptiles that eat more fruit at my moms house and carnivores at my dads house

another question is im am building my savs cage it was gonna be 8x4x4 can i put a big divider in the middle so both of them get a 4x4x4 and then when one gets big build another cage

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Savs and tegus need different humidity, basking spot temperatures and so on. I would simply keep them totally separates. Reds are still carnivores they just eat a bit more fruit. They aren't vegetarians so don't think that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jungle Jamz