• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Red Tegus Are The Most Prized?

Okay i was studyng tegus ect, yellows, blakc&whites, extreme giants, and i ran across ALLOT of info spacificly directed on RED tegus and it stated that REDS are the most prized tegus in the pet trade and that they get BIGGER than black&white argentines. is any of of this true at all?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
From what i seen the males seem slightly larger than mmale b/w's, as far as most prized, i think that title belongs to the blues and giants and the price tag shows it lol

herpgirl2510

I know they get heftier weight wise. I would have to agree about giants and especially blues because they are hard to come by.

jerobi2k

Its all in the eye of the owner. I love Reds / b/W and never had any interest at all in Blues in fact I find them odd looking. :p

glk832

5 Year Member
I like tegus period.... I was long to get a black n white until I so Breeze... His designs are beautiful... I didnt pay any attention to reds before I got him....

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know, im not speaking on my preference i like them all and have had them all(except a blue) im speaking on the general census, alot of people prefer to have the rarer animal not the one everyone has

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrdy