• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

red tegus

chenqian

Hello, I am from China's lover, this year, I bought 3 only red tegus, they 30 centimeters long. The baby born this year, I want to ask everybody two questions, first, if I plan to reproduce them, whether they will need to hibernate this year? Second, they're still just little kids, hibernate may be dangerous? Hope everybody can help me, thank you very much

Attachments

• DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 3

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the site,.. thanks for coming and congratulations on the new Gus :).

To answer you question it hasn't been recently studied to find out if hibernation affects reproduction. But we have quite a few members who successfully breed tegus that haven't hibernated. My male Dino (B&W) never hibernated but he produced sperm plugs. I just don't know if they were viable because he wasn't bred. Some say it affects females more than males but I'll believe it when I see it.

As long as they are healthy and have enough fat reserves in their tail to get them through hibernation,... they'll be fine.

Take this time to read up and get to no as much as you can,.. while they are still young. Most of our forums have Stickies (Important threads) at the top with lots of need to know info.

I would love to see more pics when you get a chance,.. oh and,.. China's Lover? What is it,.. where is it,.. was that a typo or what :Dl?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu