• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Reptiles Magazine is Lame

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lol, last night, I just put up about 10 posters from Reptiles magazines in my room :p

Durn... I wanted to put the the Sailfin Dragon poster, but I lent it to an artist friend of mine; she wanted to paint a rendition of it.

hoosier

5 Year Member
hey ShiftyLary: have you seen the BIAWAK journal yet? im sure you would LOVE it. :cheers
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.varanidae.org/">http://www.varanidae.org/</a><!-- m -->

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Yes I have. It is incredible. It has actual INFORMATION about localities and so forth. Not just your basic "how can I set up this animal with the minimum requirements and keep it from dying for a few years" type of articles you get in Reptiles.

hoosier

5 Year Member
it has to be my favorite publication. i especially love the actual research that is being done in the field. another thing i love about it is that there isnt really anything for beginners. no dumb questions like "what are hemepinal buldges?" or "what is a monitor?" all together one of the best publications i have ever read.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hoosier said:
it has to be my favorite publication. i especially love the actual research that is being done in the field. another thing i love about it is that there isnt really anything for beginners. no dumb questions like "what are hemepinal buldges?" or "what is a monitor?" all together one of the best publications i have ever read.

I like the magazine, but I would like to disagree with you here, at least a little bit; they do put the occasional rediculously easy-to-find-answer-to question through.
For the price, I think it is worth it...although the magazine has been coming more and more commercialized lately.

hoosier

5 Year Member
DZLife said:
hoosier said:

I like the magazine, but I would like to disagree with you here, at least a little bit; they do put the occasional rediculously easy-to-find-answer-to question through.
For the price, I think it is worth it...although the magazine has been coming more and more commercialized lately.

i dont believe you buy it. you download it from their site so its free. i also believe its new and has only published a a few issues.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hoosier said:
DZLife said:
hoosier said:

i dont believe you buy it. you download it from their site so its free. i also believe its new and has only published a a few issues.

Oops, lol. I think that we are referring to two different magazines....I was referring to Reptiles XD

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
this is where I beat everyone to the punch and say "Just google it noob!" LOL

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://varanidae.org/biawak">http://varanidae.org/biawak</a><!-- m -->

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980