• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rescued Columbian "red tail" Boa

turtlepunk

Today I rescued a boa from HORRID conditions!!! The video says it all.
I dont know much about boas but this one is (from what i was told) 2 years old. He (or she) is only about three feet long!
Those who have owned these boas, how big are these snakes SUPPOSED to be at 2 years old?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRmkZ_xsMrQ

turtlepunk

i know!! i was just blown away at how DISGUSTING the tank was!!! It was probably sitting in the corner of a bedroom with dirty laundry piled on top of it and only fed whenever the owner just happened to remember. I dont even want to know how long the poor thing probably went without water!

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
yeah that was my thought when watching the video, if they left the cage like that who knows how often it got any water, let alone CLEAN water.

I noticed the pencil right off the bat and I was like oh ok maybe it was put in the tank to show the size... then I saw it had been in there...

turtlepunk

I can only imagine why a pencil was put in there!! When they gave him to me they said he was pretty aggressive. (I have yet to see any aggression). Hopefully they werent poking and prodding at him with it! I really hope they werent using it to try to remove his eye caps!!! although im pretty sure they didnt care enough to even notice her caps. ugh!

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Eww that would be horrible! I don't think they would have noticed. Its so horrible that people pay good money and then just neglect it. Hopefully you can get it up to a healthy size. Even if it was aggressive it was probably because it was hungry!

Riplee

5 Year Member
For Red Tail Boa. It is common to feed once two weeks.

Red Tail Boa is not like other boas and python. It is not a good feed them too much like python. Their digestive system are not that strong like python.

If it's a male . It is a right size for a 2 years old Red Tail boa male breeder.
If it's a female. People will begin to feed her more in the third year to let her reach the breeder size.

But I checked the video out, the tank was really dirty hope the snake has no mites.
Nothing wrong with the size of the snake(just a little bit smaller) and it' shedding soon. (u can feed it around once 10 days to weight it up)

Good luck..:)

Riplee

5 Year Member
Riplee said:
For Red Tail Boa. It is common to feed once two weeks.

Red Tail Boa is not like other boas and python. It is not a good feed them too much like python. Their digestive system are not that strong like python.

If it's a male . It is a right size for a 2 years old Red Tail boa male breeder.
If it's a female. People will begin to feed her more in the third year to let her reach the breeder size.

But I checked the video out, the tank was really dirty hope the snake has no mites.
Nothing wrong with the size of the snake(just a little bit smaller) and it' shedding soon. (u can feed it around once 10 days to weight it up)

Good luck..:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont