• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rhino Iguana socializing

RobK.

Member
Messages
726
james.w said:
This is the second time I have been in a thread like this with Teguboy. He just can't be wrong, like Rob said, where Tom is located has a fairly high average humidity and where Rhinos are found has a fairly high average humidity. Noone is saying you can't keep your at 45-50% but that doesn't mean it is right or that they come from a dry area.

ditto !!

florida or the Dominican republic are not dry . all you need to do is a weather search on the net . sorry no one will convince me 60-70% humidity is dry . :rolleyes:





herpgirl2510

I am sorry for hijaking this thread and taking it away from your ??.

sounds like you got a tame one for sure !!

sorry , RobK.
 

herpgirl2510

Member
Messages
999
I am always hijacking threads. :) I am new but I do know that the humidity in Florida is very high frankly I don't see how people can even walk outside in it. My guy is a bit wild now. I feed him and that is it if I get to close with myhand he jets away. I am sure in a little bit he will get more used to me as long as I am just working around in the cage he is fine. Plus he has nails like razors so I am in no rsh to handle him until he is ready then I can hopefully trim those nails.
 

teguboy77

Member
5 Year Member
Messages
893
james.w said:
This is the second time I have been in a thread like this with Teguboy. He just can't be wrong, like Rob said, where Tom is located has a fairly high average humidity and where Rhinos are found has a fairly high average humidity. Noone is saying you can't keep your at 45-50% but that doesn't mean it is right or that they come from a dry area.

Look whos talking mr all the answers lmao,i wasn't talking to you in the first place so,it doesnt matter what you say thx.Hey were do you get your information from?At least i call people that been doing it over 25 years to get my answers were do you get yours.Oh wait you know more than rob ehrig,and tom crutchfield to mr all the answers,again wasnt replying to you thx.

Hey call tom crutchfeild your self and find out thats all i got to say thx.
 

james.w

Active Member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Messages
4,337
How do you figure you weren't talking to me when you quoted 2 of my posts. Like I said both of the breeders you are referring to are located in Florida, where it is humid. Rhinos come from humid places, have you ever done more research for yourself rather than just listening to what others tell you. I'm not the one who is on my fourth Rhino and got taken for $150 by buying a slightly different colored iguana. I'll tell you what I won't post in a thread after you and you do the same.
 

RobK.

Member
Messages
726
herpgirl2510 said:
I am always hijacking threads. :) I am new but I do know that the humidity in Florida is very high frankly I don't see how people can even walk outside in it. My guy is a bit wild now. I feed him and that is it if I get to close with myhand he jets away. I am sure in a little bit he will get more used to me as long as I am just working around in the cage he is fine. Plus he has nails like razors so I am in no rsh to handle him until he is ready then I can hopefully trim those nails.

one thing for sure we are all passionate about our reptiles and want the best for them .:D

Mine also got a little wilder after he settled in to his new home , thats normal from what i have read . I started feeding mine with a 12'' stick ( after in had him three months ) and as he got calmer , i moved up on the stick each week , soon he ws eating out of my hand he will now jump right on my hand and sit there while eating peaces of dried fig . he loves gig .

Right now in the Dominican Republic ist 90% himidity and it was in the 80's today . It will drop to the 40s when it not raining during the heat of the day . But it rains there way more than not .

check out this link for fun, and see for your self . In the next 24 hours the lowest % of humitity is going to be in the 60-70% sunday afternoon

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/DRXX0009
 

teguboy77

Member
5 Year Member
Messages
893
james.w said:
How do you figure you weren't talking to me when you quoted 2 of my posts. Like I said both of the breeders you are referring to are located in Florida, where it is humid. Rhinos come from humid places, have you ever done more research for yourself rather than just listening to what others tell you. I'm not the one who is on my fourth Rhino and got taken for $150 by buying a slightly different colored iguana. I'll tell you what I won't post in a thread after you and you do the same.

You couldn't have did research cause your sure full of bs,dont hate cause you can didnt spend the 150 dollars son on a russets go spend 150 on some new uvb bulbs than that garbage solar glo ok,also i think it s none of business what i did in my past i had to sell those but i'm not the first person who had to sell there too.Yeah do you hear yourself dont post in a thread after me as i will do the same for you np at all.

Honestly i really call rob and tom and just to see what they though and i even email tom tonight and i wish RobK. you would give tom a call and ask him just for the heck of it.I too looked up the humidity in Dominican republic and your right is has high humidity but the areas were they live tom told me its dry as heck but again thats what he told me.Heres a email i sent to tom tonight below from me to him.


It's far too complicated for me to write as I'm a slow typist. If you click on my website [link below] I have pics of C. cornuta habitat and C. collei habitat under one of the West Indian Iguana categories and those pics are self explainatory......thanks.


Tom Crutchfield
www.tomcrutchfield.com
239-645-9661





-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Piccinetti <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sat, Jun 11, 2011 9:02 pm
Subject: Rhino iguana and there dry habitate


Hey tom,
I spoke to you yesterday on the phone about rhino iguana how dry there habitate was,could you do me a favor and just right me a short email exsplaining how rhino iguanas come from very dry areas i would really appreciate your help thx rich.

And i agree we all care about are rhino's and take great care of them.
 

james.w

Active Member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Messages
4,337
I wouldn't have had any problem spending another $150 on a Russet, but since they aren't worth it I wouldn't do it. If you look at my signature you can see I keep more than one large lizard, so money isn't an issue for me. Also look up the cats I have in my sig and you will see they are about $1200 each on average. As far as the SolarGlo being junk, my animals have no health problems and are growing very well.

Ummm. The pictures show nothing, I'm assuming they are at Tom's place or in the rhinos natural setting, both of which are located in humid places. Unless there is a hygrometer in the picture showing measurements under 50% I won't believe they are from a "dry" place.
 

herpgirl2510

Member
Messages
999
Yesterday I out my hand in front of him for 10 mintues he finally stareted licking it then he put his two feet on my hands put his head in the middle and went to sleep. Last night I could scoot my hand under him and lift him as long as I did not take him out of the cage.

Maybe he means dry that it does not ran alot. You can have high humidity without it.
 

teguboy77

Member
5 Year Member
Messages
893
Again fool you spend your money on what you want and i'll spend my money on what i want, mind your freaking business bottom line son. keeping many large lizards isn't worth it in my opinion but thats your business.Dont hate on other people stop being jealous.And on another note i dont care about your big cats,that makes you you better than anybody else i dont think so.Again i wasn't posting the email to you,so why did you reply,theres no need to reply.I will not reply to anything other BS replies of yours.
 

james.w

Active Member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Messages
4,337
How about you chill with the name calling and I'm not your son. Once again your post about the email was in your post that quoted me. Maybe learn how to use the Internet. And what could I possibly be jealous of, you have nothing I don't or couldn't.

Apparantly you don't do any research because I don't have big cats.

Bottom line son!!
 

RobK.

Member
Messages
726
herpgirl2510 said:
Yesterday I out my hand in front of him for 10 mintues he finally stareted licking it then he put his two feet on my hands put his head in the middle and went to sleep. Last night I could scoot my hand under him and lift him as long as I did not take him out of the cage.

Maybe he means dry that it does not ran alot. You can have high humidity without it.



Nice to see your having fun with yours . mine came over to my hand and licked it and climbed on it, while i was changing his carpet .Its like a switch turned on in his head that i am a good guy .
 

teguboy77

Member
5 Year Member
Messages
893
james.w said:
How about you chill with the name calling and I'm not your son. Once again your post about the email was in your post that quoted me. Maybe learn how to use the Internet. And what could I possibly be jealous of, you have nothing I don't or couldn't.

Apparantly you don't do any research because I don't have big cats.

Bottom line son!!

The cats I have in my sig SON i'll say what i want,stop posting then get your eyes checked damn.I could care less what you have or could have were to different people.Again your mouth is still flapping cause your diarrhea of the mouth.Now i'm done cause anybody can talk over a forum site and its a waste of time so i'm done posting SON!!!!!!!!!!!
 

RobK.

Member
Messages
726
teguboy77 said:
Again fool you spend your money on what you want and i'll spend my money on what i want, mind your freaking business bottom line son. keeping many large lizards isn't worth it in my opinion but thats your business.Dont hate on other people stop being jealous.And on another note i dont care about your big cats,that makes you you better than anybody else i dont think so.Again i wasn't posting the email to you,so why did you reply,theres no need to reply.I will not reply to anything other BS replies of yours.


:mad::mad::mad::huh:
 

RobK.

Member
Messages
726
[/quote]

Now i'm done cause anybody can talk over a forum site and its a waste of time so i'm done posting SON!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

THANK YOU !!
 

james.w

Active Member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Messages
4,337
You should be done posting because everything you post is BS. And look at your post stupid ass, you said you don't care about my big cats, I don't have big cats. It's too bad we live on opposite sides of the country because I guarantee you would change your tune real quick if I was knocking at your door.
 

teguboy77

Member
5 Year Member
Messages
893
teguboy77 said:
Hey rob i wasn t talking to you so i dont know what :huh::huh::huh: thats for.

You dont have nothing to say when the person i was posting to writes.::huh:

I wish you would live closer the i'd be knocking your teeth down your throat,i guarantee you that,again talk big on the computer wow little b$tch.
 

RobK.

Member
Messages
726
teguboy77 said:
Hey rob i wasn t talking to you so i dont know what :huh::huh::huh: thats for.


You come across as such a hot head . Please after this . don't relply to my post also . This is why i don't bother going on many forums . No need for name calling or fits .
 

teguboy77

Member
5 Year Member
Messages
893

Now i'm done cause anybody can talk over a forum site and its a waste of time so i'm done posting SON!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

THANK YOU !!
[/quote]

What are you talking about i never said anything to you at all.:huh:
Rob thats fine i never did a thing to you so whatever man.

Hey this is a forum to help one another and i'm sorry i seem like a hot but i dont want problems with anybody just want to help ,learn thats it but when somebody always seems like they want to challenge you no matter what i'm sorry it gets to you.Again i'm sorry if i seem like a hot head i will not reply to this post again.
 

james.w

Active Member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Messages
4,337
Thanks for the support Robk. And herpgirl I am extremely sorry for taking this thread way off topic.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
20,100
Messages
177,813
Members
10,327
Latest member
tmelanc602
Top