• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Roach Colony Pics?

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
In one I have rabbit food in the bottom the other has peat moss. The peat moss idea I saw on Sammy's site. I thought I'd give it a try. I am using both to see which one I like the most. I'm still undecided. I like both about the same.

wyattroa

5 Year Member
well guys i have taken the plunge as well. I have 500 mix heading to me this week. Right now though im trying to get it set up and im having issues with my temp. I bought a heating pad from CVS since that was the only place that did not have a auto shut off. My tub is a 18gal rubbermaid. More tall then long. I have gone now and put two repti 10gal heating pads on the side of the tub to see if that works since they were laying around.

Right now my temps are 89 on the very bottom of the enclosure with the heating mat on high. when you get towards the top the temp is 74. I dont think that will cut it do you?
robert

wyattroa

5 Year Member
thanks i talked to the guy from theroachranch.com and he said as long as the temp on the bottom is around 80-95 is good..Ambient temp is not the thing to be concerned about. So i feel better now.
robert

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced