• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Shed Question

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Im just wondering what to look for in a bad shed. What are the signs of a bad shed?

Zilla is sort of shedding, but its comming off all peicemail, and most of it requires me to pull it off. Espesyaly on her feet. I see a peice of shed hanging off of her, and I feel like I have to pull it off. However, Im wondering if Im just pulling it off early?

So in the end, what does a bad shed look like, and when dies it start hurting the tegu? I dont want her to loose her tail or toes or anything.

(ps, I soak her 2-3 times a week, and give her a vegitible oil bath once a week)

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You will see cracks in the skin, the shed will appear flaky, sometimes you will see open sores

Aardbark

5 Year Member
The shed is definitly flaky, but she doesnt have any cracks or sores. I want to prevent harm to her, so what do I do?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Flaky sheds arent alway bad but a lot of times its an indicator of low humidity which can be bad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sheltie4x4