• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

skiddish red

rwalt

I've had my red for about two months now and everytime I go to handle him he runs into his hide and blocks the entrance with substrate. I don't want to man handle him but it just doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere. Has anyone had this problem before and if so what is the best way to go about handling this?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Have you tried spending time daily in the enclosure feeding, spot cleaning, and changing water? You can also just move substrate around to give you something to do in the cage.

rwalt

Yeah when he is out ill try to just sit there with my arm in with him and he stares me down then casually walks into his hide

Aardbark

5 Year Member
I do that too, and my goo does the exact same thing. I try to coax her out of her hide with food, and sometimes it works.

rwalt

I was thinkin of trying that too but I don't want him to associate me with food. But I guess if I just do it to get a little bit of socializing it can't hurt too much

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu