• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Skittish red tegu

Veronica25

So I got a red tegu a couple months ago. She was a couple months when I got her and I have been trying to work with her but she is still skittish. When I open the cage she kinda gives me the stink eye and I try to put my hand next to her and usually she just looks at my hand and then walks away. Sometimes she will lick at it then walk away. When I try to pick her up she runs away. I always approach her from the side. She has never bitten or tail whipped but when she was younger she tail whipped her previous owner. I put an old shirt that smells like me in there and she usually sleeps under it. And I leave her food in a dish. Any tips or tricks to make things go smoother would be appreciated. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlifKat