• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Skittish Still

kellen.watkins

so my 2011 extreme got out and to catch her i had to tear a couch apart and manhandle her a little bit, its been over a week and it seems the taming process gets worse and worse each day, when i approach her tank she scurries, so i have had to resort back to tank feeding and have not even been close to handling for a few days, should i be worried or just be patient any suggestions or tips would be most greatful thank you

Piercedcub32

Sorry for the set back! But at least you found her! I would start over as if it were day one. There is a thread on here about an "ignoring" technique, might want to give that a try. Don't give up, just remember they have long memories, and you need to rebuild the trust! It will come in time.

herpgirl2510

She will settle back down plus not every tegu tames down at the same rate. She had a bit of a traumatizing adventure she was proably scared when she was lost also. I know it is hard to be patient I have been working with my extreme for 12 weeks and we had a big set back where he bit my son and husband. I would just keep playing around in her enclosure and bringing her out for meals. However if she really flips when you handle her I would back off a bit.

Piercedcub32

yeah its been about a week since I caught my extreme again... he was such an awesome little guy from day one, I can put my hand in the cage and he eagerly jumps on and heads for my shoulder or his new favorite spot, the top of my head lol, but as soon as he on my desk, every time I move my hands or talk to him he freaks out a little like I'm going to hurt him. I'm trying to ignore him when he is out, which does work for the most part, but i want my old fearless gu back ;o(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu