• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Slightly aggrivated yearling red tegu

Tessa Cadle

My yearling red tegu has become a bit more aggrivated and "squirrly" as we call it, within the last 3-4 days. We thought it was from the weather systems passing through with the changing barometric pressure. He isn't as calm as he was before then. He was rather tame as we had puppy tamed him from the time we got him. I had read an article about how male yearlings go through puberty and I wondered if anyone could shed some light on whether or not this is true and if so, what some of the signs are

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not an Expert or gone through this myself but I've read simular articles......I believe all animals as they grow and become older will gain more courage and try to become leader of the territory or top of the food chain, Our job as owners is to create boundaries / rules to make sure we stay ahead... Stay strong be patient and make sure you stay on top cause once you loose control or be hesitant around him your relationship will turn into a night mare situation..

this Advice also works with children.....hahaha:D;)

Tessa Cadle

Not an Expert or gone through this myself but I've read simular articles......I believe all animals as they grow and become older will gain more courage and try to become leader of the territory or top of the food chain, Our job as owners is to create boundaries / rules to make sure we stay ahead... Stay strong be patient and make sure you stay on top cause once you loose control or be hesitant around him your relationship will turn into a night mare situation..

I appreciate the advice! We are trying hard to break him of the habit because I believe you are correct, he things he's the "man" of the house and he is clearly not lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

No sweat Alphaalpha, none of us are experts. I agree with your take on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214