• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Slowing down, but not?

The captain

5 Year Member
Mrs. bean (as i now assume she is)
Has been slowing in growth and activity. Her appetite however, is still there, and she eats all the food. seems it digests slower though. She is up a few less hours as well. Should i feed less?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yep,..normal. Its that time of year so a lot of'em are slowing down but as long as she's still eating I wouldn't stop offering her food but that's just me. Someone else might disagree and stop feeding to see if she turns in for the season. Which is another way to go since you don't want them to go to sleep with any undigested food in their system. But usually when they're no longer hungry or decides to go down for the count they'll stop eating when you offer it. Instead of hibernating she may just slow down, still eat but less often. But then again she may perk up and decide to see what the winter months are like :-D .

The captain

5 Year Member
Alright thanks, this is her second hibernation. She is sleeping right now under the basking spot. look very comfortable :D

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
as long as you keep the basking area and dont reduce the temps I see no reason why you cant keep offering food.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu