• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Smaller cage for adult female

Skyshadow

I have an adult female black and white. She's only about 3 feet long. My fiance and I are about to go though a few months where we will be moving several times. Is it OK to have her in a smaller cage until things settle down? She has a 7x3x3 but she doesn't use most of her cage. She mainly hides or basks, poos in her water then goes back to bed.

I know she's approaching hibernation time too, she's been slowing down lately.

I know I've seen some people talk about 5x2s and such. Are smaller cages ok at least for the next 8 months or so till we settle into our new permanent residence? And if so, how small is too small for what we are needing?

beardeddragon111

You could (probably) go as small as a 4x2 sterlite cpntainer while theyre in hibernation. Othwerwise, id be afraid to use anything smaller than 6x3x3 in fear of nose rubbing which can cause infections and face scars. Ive had to deal with it and its really not worth risking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont