• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

soil

anelk002

5 Year Member
So cypress is coming hard to find now. For people who use soil or soil/sand how dirty is it? Like how dirty will the tegu get from it. I don't want to let it free roam if dirt will cover my rug. Also how fast does it dry out?

Skeetzy

Oh they get dirty, you can rest assured about that. Mine LOVES trying to come out after a dip in the water bowl, and he's all muddy. It's just wonderful. I keep a computer chair rolling mat(the large plastic ones) under where he jumps out. It helps a little.

Mine dries out very fast if I don't keep up with misting it. I actually just bought one of the 1 gallon misters, that you pump up to spray. It makes life so much easier for maintaining the soil. My humidity is almost never a problem, but the soil does dry out.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The tegus that I have switched over to soil have a noticeable improvement in their skin. They get dirty, but not totally filthy. If one's really dirty, I just pick them up with a towel and clean them off. No biggie. I like to wash off my tegus and let them poop before they free roam in my house anyway. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214