• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Some pics of Groxy

Should groxy loose some weight?

• yes, it's diet time!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe a little.

• Naw, she's pretty the way she is!

• Total voters

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
took a few new pics of groxy, figured i'd share em.

this one is just to see general body shape, anyone think she's overweight?
l_629edff4697e4244bfb98b5069fdf49e.jpg

This one's great. i woke up with her stuffed under my head taking advantage of the heat from my neck. so after napping for 3-4 more hours i snuck out of bed to take the pic
l_7bc649d29de24b59bbe217c24e55d549.jpg

she loves getting sprayed down with my pump sprayer, plus a good belly shot to get a few opinions if she's a bit chubby.
l_e0bad491566743cda6903b2eb3323363.jpg

pretty girl likes to pose for the camera
l_883b5e354f884c20aca4c052a931fd50.jpg

Another body shot
l_ede22271739046e2b6883a695dfde8a2.jpg

i don't think i've posted this here before but it's kindova must-see. this is my cat, his name is Pit. i shoulda called him lump.
l_86941ef4b90d7c6afb1697a8d38c29de.jpg

last but not least,here's hannibal. he's a mexican black king, he just looks soo damn cool right before he sheds that i must share.
l_7980354e32d44c8b81e4fa276148ac25.jpg

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wow, Groxy looks so grown up now! I don't think she looks too terribly chubby. She has a little tummy there, but she also has a longitudinal fold. Does her belly drag the ground when she walks?

I like my animals to be a bit lean rather than fat, so I would call it on the line. In other words, that's the top end of body weight I would keep on a tegu that size. But that's just my preference.

Nice cat photo...I have a gray cat that I often catch in the same pose. They must be long lost souls...

ashesc212

5 Year Member
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Groxy might be pushing the bountiful side of the line lol. She's beautiful though!

Awesome cat and king snake!

jor71

5 Year Member
Wow, awesome job. I also do think she is on the border of "Hefty, Hefty, Hefty" :)

Please Note: Hefty, Hefty, Hefty....was actually a jingo used for Hefty Bag commercials back in the late 70's and 80's......Hefty, Hefty, Hefty......wimpy, wimpy, wimpy. ;)

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
But her little stocky legs are so gosh darn cute!! Most importantly, Kharnifex, what do *you* think? I mean, it's your lizard and you did think of it to ask, KWIM?

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
i think her love of food is secondary to my love of her continuing existance in my life. ive heard overweight tegus are much more prone to certian problems, namely with kidneys. i want her to live a long time cause she's my kid. she kept me focused on good things when i was going through a really really insane breakup. at a time when almost everything was going to $h!t in my life she was the only real stability i had. and from her as a foundation i rebuilt my life as something i could enjoy once more. i know that sounds weird but i'm kinda weird myself so it all evens out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu