• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Starting a breeding project.

Mike D

5 Year Member
First off i want to say hello to everyone. ive been lurking on this site for a few months. and let me just say that this site is great, so much good info.

Any ways this week i have a redxblue hybrid tegu coming and i cant wait for it to get here.

ive been looking at starting a breeding project for some time. but i cannot decide what kind of tegu i would like to work with. i love all of the diff types of tegus..

So my main question is which do i work with? should i stay with one speicies? breed red to red, blue to blue and so on? or should i work with hybrids? breed the hybrid i am getting to other reds? i know that some people dont like the idea of hybrids, because it doesnt keep them pure and so on. i tend to think it is okay if done responsibly..
i would like to stay away from blues just for the fact that i have heard that they tend to have alot of inbreeding within the CB babies that are found? is this true?

any info and insight will be apreciated..

Mike D

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the TeguTalk community, glad you can join us!! :)

I will help with your questions. I like pure animals, and I do not breed crosses, however I migh one day. As for the blues, yes it is true.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu