• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

still having shedding problem :(

j.sawyer48

i forgot to mention daily soaks in the tubb if anyone can help please do :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXBnKBwuodU

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tails are usually the last to shed, sometimes just before or even into the next shed when they're small. Does he like to burrow? If so I would concentrate more on keeping the substrate moist instead of bathing everyday. Does he use the hide box that you mentioned in the video?

Also have you been able to add fish oil and veggies to his diet?

j.sawyer48

yea thats were he sleeps all the time and his enclosure is normally a good 60 to 75 percent humidity

james.w suggested cod oil to put in his turkey but now im just tryin to figure out were to get that

and it looks like it cutting circulation off in his tail im startin to get scared he might lose it i dunno :(

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Cod liver Oil can be found in the Vitamins and health section in stores like Walmart, CVS, Rite Aide, GNC and Herbal stores. In either pill or liquid form, just make sure it's not flavored. Some people get the pills, poke a whole in it an squirt it on the food.

For now try wrapping a damp towel around his tail and use your fingers to roll his tail in the towel. You can try it after a soak to make sure the shed is loose or use a little baby or veg oil to loosen it and keep the tail kinda moist until you're done. He will let you know if the pressure is too much but when they realize what's going on and feel the relief,.. :p they don't mind as much.

j.sawyer48

okay will try i was thinkin veggie oil but didnt want to use it thought it might hurt him but ill do that thank ill lett u know :)

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How long ago did he shed the rest of his body? My AA took about 3 weeks to shed his tail after his body was done.

Kebechet

A tegu needs 75% to 80% humidity to shed properly. 60% is not enough for a good shed. I suggest you find a way to up your humidity levels. I use a reptile fogger, as well as regularly moisten the substrate, and soaks. Link hates cod liver oil, and I have found that just keeping the humidity up, soaks, and feeding a healthy diet is enough to promote a good shed.

j.sawyer48

he shedd his hole body like a 2 weeks ago
and i have a repti fogger and i never let it get below 60 percent its always around 70 75 but sometimes it will get to 60 sometimes

i got the cod liver oil and veggie oil and i found the hearts and gizzards thanks guys

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tegutula