• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Stories of Tegu

Ferdinand

Hey all,
I see a lot of requests and great information around this forum, but I have not seen a thread just to post the stories of your lovely Tegus. So, post a fond memory, a picture, a story, or just let us know about your baby's temperament!

My Tegu's name was Franz Ferdinand, but I have begun to believe that the Tegu was actually a female. So her name was changed to Sophie. She is very adorable and sociable and has learned quite a few good tips and tricks to train me, in a sense. She has this fake stick that I got with her original cage, and when she wants out of the cage she climbs all over it and sits on top. It was originally used as an attempt to jump out of her cage, but as I noticed this I'd let her out every time She climbed it, so now she waits patiently and I let her out of her cage when I see her on top of it. She eagerly climbs onto my hand and lets me tote her around when she does this.

When I'm lying in bed, reading or watching the television I let her crawl around in bed with me. Mostly harmless, normally curls up in the crook of my leg after crawling around and exploring beneath the blanket. Once however, she kept exploring and my feet must have smelled like something, because she decided to take a good bite right into my middle toe. Surprised me more than hurt me, but how can you be mad at a cute tegu. So far she has not pooped in my bed so I am thankful for that. I imagine it is only a matter of time.

I have a corgi as well, and She seems to love it, though the Corgi is less than pleased. Often Sophie attempts to climb onto the corgi while it sleeps in the sun, which very much startles the dog. It is funny though, because Sophie just wants something soft to lie on. She seems -very- fond of soft materials and sometimes tries to drag one of my purple couch-pillows around, though it is too heavy for her to move more than a few inches.

When she was younger I would take showers with her perched on my head. It went great many times but then she pooped on my head and it was rather unpleasant. I designated a corner shelf for her, for when I feel like bringing her in and she seems to enjoy the warm misty shower. I imagine she'll be to big soon to continue doing this, however.

Anyways, that's all I got for now. I will keep updated as more adventures in Tegu continue for many more years!
What about you lot? I'm just interested in hearing about your Tegus, their lives, just as much as I'm interested in hearing about caring for them and keeping them safe.

Trede

During the warmer months, I take Talia out to parks on a harness and leash so she can exercise, socialize, and get natural sunlight. She is always fairly calm and very tolerant when meeting a new person/child/dog. So far, every Corgi she has met (and most of the similar-size-or-smaller pups) has loved her...and every dog larger than a Corgi has sniffed her and then hidden behind its people crying. I don't know why German Shepherds and Bull Mastiffs think she's scary, but it's comical when the little dogs are happily rolling next to the source of the 150lb dog's discomfort.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu