• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

substrate

Jer723

5 Year Member
if u are looking to an alternative to cypress i heard that carefresh? also works, its used for like rodents and rabbits, sold at any petstore. hope this helps

Jerry

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jer723 said:
if u are looking to an alternative to cypress i heard that carefresh? also works, its used for like rodents and rabbits, sold at any petstore. hope this helps

Jerry
We use CareFresh with our snakes. Holds humidity, doesn't mold easily, easy to spot clean. Not cheap though.

Suzanne

5 Year Member
I used shredded news paper in the begining. I put lots in so they could dig around in it but that was only temporary. I use aspen now.

BOOZER

5 Year Member
CAREFRESH?? as in cat litter? always thought of that but never clear on it. yea was just lookin for more and cost effective alternatives seeing as my job is a luxury and most people dont need me. thanks guys and gals!!! :cheers

Suzanne

5 Year Member
Carefresh is made from recycled paper or something, at least that's what it looks like. It's recomended for use with small animals instead of cedar and pine shavings. It can be kind of expensive.

Jer723

5 Year Member
nooooo, not cat litter, there might be a cat litter but im talking about this stuff, i used to use it for my ferrets, heres a link to it,

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.petco.com/product/10791/Carefresh-Ultra-Pet-Bedding.aspx?CoreCat=SmallAnimalFC_BeddingLitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.petco.com/product/10791/Care ... dingLitter</a><!-- m -->

yea its almost like processed paper.

Jerry

BOOZER

5 Year Member
ok i checked its not litter, its considered bedding. but i'm pretty sure they used to have a litter named that, not positive but not a fan of small cats either :mich

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu