• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Taming Experiences?

turtlepunk

With my 9 month old, I've never really done anything special to tame him. Even as a hatchling from day one He's had so much attitude and personality; he has always been pretty fearless. I have always fed him inside of his enclosure (which is going against what most would advise) and give him daily attention, even if it's just cleaning his cage and petting him. I think the daily interaction stopped him from becoming cage aggressive, because I have never had a problem with it. He has always tolerated being petted, but I have only just recently began to really handle him, I've never really picked him up until he was around maybe 7 months old. Now that he's three feet in length I can pick him up..but he has his good days and his bad days. Some days he does nothing but death roll and won't let me come near, other days he lets me pick him up without any fuss. He will even tolerate me putting a harness on him, which i find pretty amazing. He did perfectly fine the first day I took him outside. I think i just lucked out with a cool tegu =) As others have mentioned I think it just depends on the tegu =) Have fun with yours!!! =D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980