• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tank aggression

Isfahel

I bought my first tegu about a month ago, he's argentine b&w. I'm not sure how old he is but he's a little less than 2ft. I've been trying to work with him but when I reach in the tank he gets very upset. Even if I take my time and show him my hand and I don't try to grab him from above he still lunges when I get near him. As soon as he's out of the tank he's fine. He'll crawl on me and close his eyes in the bathroom. Any suggestions on easing his tank aggression?

Attachments

• 20150228_191946.jpg
    20150228_191946.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18

marydd

Does the enclosure open from the top? This creates fear in tegus. It is like you are prey coming to get them. He may get used to you coming from above but may take awhile. I made the mistake of dangling my gu's mice for her in her old top opening enclosure and I quickly learned it was a bad idea. She started to jump at my hands thinking I was food. After I saw the error of my ways it took her a couple weeks to realize it was just me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont