• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tegu breeder

msmith14

I im looking for a breeder to by my first tegu from and i came across this
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286861
would any one recommend buying from this breeder? or would it be a bad idea. Thanks.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They're farm bred. If it were me I'd stay way. I prefer buying gu's bred in the within the US.

boyd1955

And what difference does it make if they are born in the u.s. ... Lets be honest with all the stolen downpayments I'd say it makes little difference :))
Never buy ANYTHING you haven't seen first ... Make sure its healthy ... Go out and see what people are offering ... Never trust this online rubbish ... What tegu wants to be shipped like a piece of commerce ... These are delicate animals for gods sake

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
I'd avoid buying a farm bred. TeguTerra.com i think has some reds right now, a bit pricey but at least its CB and surely healthy.

boyd1955 said:
And what difference does it make if they are born in the u.s. ... Lets be honest with all the stolen downpayments I'd say it makes little difference :))
Never buy ANYTHING you haven't seen first ... Make sure its healthy ... Go out and see what people are offering ... Never trust this online rubbish ... What tegu wants to be shipped like a piece of commerce ... These are delicate animals for gods sake

What differences?
1- If they are breed over here in the U.S they will be in tune with our hemisphere. Imports often get seasons backwards for the first three years or so,and will hibernate or slow down in our summers and stay awake during our winters.

2- With FB,CH or WC its a very high possibility the animal your getting may have parasites and not too mention you won't even know the blood line behind your tegu. With CB you don't really have to worry much about parasites from trusty breeders and you could easily ask about the parents.

My friend has a monitor that was farm bred and came loaded with ticks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu