• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu breeding

LoLo1010

Hi folks. I have a male and a female B+W Tegu, both 3yrs. I have had them in together in the hope they might reproduce. I have witnessed them doing the deed but so far nothing has come of it. Has anyone got any suggestions why nothing has come of their naughty behaviour? Should I play some Barry White to get them in the mood?
I have left them together for 3 months until he no longer showed any interest and both decided to sleep for what seems like forever. They are both very lazy.

Roadkill

5 Year Member
Most animals are not like humans, they can't breed at any time of the year. They rely on their hormones to condition them for mating and breeding. Your male may be all ready to go for it, but the female is possibly just not conditioned to be properly receptive and therefore her ovarian follicles are not priming eggs for fertilization. You many need to chill your tegus during hibernation in order to properly cycle her hormones.

TheTeguGurl

Most animals are not like humans, they can't breed at any time of the year. They rely on their hormones to condition them for mating and breeding. Your male may be all ready to go for it, but the female is possibly just not conditioned to be properly receptive and therefore her ovarian follicles are not priming eggs for fertilization. You many need to chill your tegus during hibernation in order to properly cycle her hormones.
I was told a little trick from Ty Parks that if you cool them down together , that when they comes up and out they will breed with no problems. This is what I am going to try next season.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu