• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tegu comew

bmx3000max

so i have been watching videos on you tube and ive been seening keepers walk over to thier encloser and remove the lid and the tegu springs right up and runs to the keeper, even babies doing this.....i want to know how is this and how can i get my month old to do the same

Murkve

From what I know hatchlings are almost universally skittish and wary of people. One that is not is likely an exception, rather than the result of any taming method.

Just be patient. They get calmer as they get larger, and will come around.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
My Rex does that but Iv had him his whole life and hes now almost 7 yrs old.... I cant remember when he first started doing it either...sorry

bmx3000max

this is an exsample on when the tegu comes when he opens the tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF35zzMfKb4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

TeguLouie

what i did to get my guy to come to me was opened his cage and laid my arm in there, some times for more than an hour, he would roam all over and climb up my arm getting used to me. after he climbed on me i would pick him up and feed him. that way he knows that when you pick him up its time for food. but be careful you dont want your GU to think that all you are so just as often as not put your arm in there and when he climbs on you take him out hold him, let them explore you and just put them back in thier cage when you are done or they seem to be done. that is how i got my guy to come to me i hope it works for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu